Critical Thinking is a way to think in a precise manner and a clear way by using your intellect. There should be a proper flow between all the ideas and views that are relevant to the debate. This idea is prevalent since the time of Greek philosophers such as Plato and Socrates. Basically, it helps an individual to think in their own way. Proper reasoning must be developed to think rationally. An individual should remain an active learner by actively considering every information concisely and precisely. It helps to develop the ideas, views and arguments in such a manner that findings are presented, which gives the entire picture of the organization.
Main skills which are required to think critically
Hence, these are the skills that are required for thinking rationally.
The main purpose of critical thinking is to find out the best solution for the problems which are faced by an individual. The human mind should be properly used to get the best result for the issue.
Main abilities and skills essential for Critical Thinking
Process of Critical thinking
As per the regular working, we faced a lot of complicated and complex situations that needs to be evaluated critically to find an appropriate conclusion to a given problem. Thus, it is required to make a rational decision to find a valuable conclusion. It needs to be assessed based on various factors influencing its relevance. Thus, each aspect needs to be understood and the conclusion should be based on a correct interpretation of each element. So, the following steps need to be followed to think critically:
1. Clear understanding of the concept: The initial step in the thinking process is to identify an issue and understand the basic facts which are responsible for such a problem. The focus should be made on a deep understanding of various facts to determine the related terms. It is necessary to evaluate various areas to discuss the problems.
2. Finding relevant facts: The next step is to analyze the related facts associated with the problem. In this, we should focus on conducting appropriate research to collect information based on which processing can be done.
3. Building a connecting link: Next aspect is to focus on understanding various facts that can be done by further processing the information. It involves framing a structure that can be helpful to solve a problem. The situation needs to be clearly understood to find relevant sources of information.
4. Analyzing the situation: Further, it involves a detailed investigation to judge the strong and weak points associated with the situation. There are various challenges associated with a problem that needs to be evaluated to determine the possible solutions to the given problem. One can use a cause and effect relationship which involves solving a situation by focussing on the root cause of the problem. Then it is to be framed in the context of its relative impact.
5. Alternates to solve the problem: Next step is to determine the possible solutions for a particular situation. Thus it needs to be assessed as possible strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Appropriate options need to be chosen that could effectively solve the issue.
6. Action stage: The final step is related to the implementation phase i.e. necessary steps to be taken to implement the plan framed. It needs to be monitored to check the applicability of the process.
Overall, the basic purpose of critical thinking is to achieve the best solution for the problem that is prevalent and in regards to the solution. Collect and evaluate the data and information to come up with the best approachable solution.